+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Wall mounted projector recommendations. in Technical; Pretty much, for costing purposes and there's no need for any interaction (will be done through iPads) (ugh) ;p...

Thank Post
    Pretty much, for costing purposes and there's no need for any interaction (will be done through iPads) (ugh) ;p

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caffrey View Post
    I've specced up a plate that has hdmi and vga to be placed near the projector mount, only reason I'm doing this is that we have been told under no circumstances is there to be any trunking and all wiring is to be concealed, so this is the only way I could think of (At home I've used brush plates but I don't think they look particularly attractive). Also there could be a floor box involved (for a lecturn) so I've fed another audio and vga to that - hopefully it'll look neat.
    Yep there's already been confusion with the M&E QE, this is going to be a fun build (and I'm not even a manager ;p)
    The trouble with using a face plate behind the projector is that you'll be able to see all the plugs and cables that are connected to it, which could end up looking worse.

You could consider having the cables come out of the wall above the false ceilng (assuming the new room has one - and most schools do) then all you would need is a short length of flexible trunking coming through a neat hole in the ceiling tile above the projector mount.

I would take a good look at the mounts for the projectors you are considering and see if they have any form of cable management that you can use to minimise the amount of visible cables.

Let me know if you want any photos of the mount that comes with the Epson EB-470.

XiJ

Thank Post
    it was the CPD27WN we used - although not on a wall mount. It has lots of inputs including HDMI and USB for 'PC less presentations'. There's a wireless option too.

I reckon a Commerical 50" Plasma would be 15 to 20% more cost.

Thank Post
    I don't think I'm even allowed to pierce the ceiling! Hence the wall plates.

Plasma could be an idea, seen a 60" for 1k, not sure if it'll be big enough?

XiJ

Thank Post
    I'm sure the hitachi wall mounts - just we didn't use it like that.

We compared a 50" widescreen plasma to a 64" Smartboard 660 and the difference was actually minimal, given square vs widescreen etc. I guess it depends on what size image you want!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12