+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Mobile Interactive Whiteboard in Technical; Hello, I need to purchase a mobile interactive whiteboard that will be shared among three classrooms. I am looking for ...

Thank Post

Mobile Interactive Whiteboard

Hello,

I need to purchase a mobile interactive whiteboard that will be shared among three classrooms. I am looking for something with a mounted projector. I'm looking at something in the 47" range (I'm American, so please excuse my use of inches) but I'm willing to go larger. I've investigated the Eno One Mobile so far. Does anyone have experience with this, or any other mobile interactive whiteboards? I could really use some advise on this one.

Thank you!

Thank Post
    Depends if there's a specific brand you want, but most of the large whiteboard companies do a version. Is there a specific one you're already running? Smart? Promethean? etc? (Not sure what are the main US ones used in schools/work) Also any price range?

Example: Promethean Mobile Solution (ABMS387PEST-EU) - www.misco.co.uk (UK site, but shows one of the above models)

And similar with Smartboards SMART Mobile, Height-Adjustable Floor Stand (Buy stand seperate to board).

Those are just two of the more common brands here, but lots depends on price range, and if you already have a system in place to ensure all your documents work between each board

Steve

Thank Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Depends if there's a specific brand you want, but most of the large whiteboard companies do a version. Is there a specific one you're already running? Smart? Promethean? etc? (Not sure what are the main US ones used in schools/work) Also any price range?

Example: Promethean Mobile Solution (ABMS387PEST-EU) - www.misco.co.uk (UK site, but shows one of the above models)

And similar with Smartboards SMART Mobile, Height-Adjustable Floor Stand (Buy stand seperate to board).

Those are just two of the more common brands here, but lots depends on price range, and if you already have a system in place to ensure all your documents work between each board

Steve
    Thank you so much. We currently have four Polyvision TS 620 interactive whiteboards. Thank you for mentioning that it would be a good idea to use the same brand of whiteboard as the ones we already have. I was looking at the Eno One, in part, because it is also a Polyvision board. SMART and Promethean boards are also very popular here. As for price, I think I'll have a hard time getting anything approved unless it is under $3000.00. I just used Google's currency converter, and it said $3000.00 is equal to 1855.22 British Pounds. Mobility and a low height are necessities, because we will be transporting this board among 3 classrooms of 5-8 year-olds.

Thank you again for your help.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA View Post
    Thank you so much. We currently have four Polyvision TS 620 interactive whiteboards. Thank you for mentioning that it would be a good idea to use the same brand of whiteboard as the ones we already have. I was looking at the Eno One, in part, because it is also a Polyvision board. SMART and Promethean boards are also very popular here. As for price, I think I'll have a hard time getting anything approved unless it is under $3000.00. I just used Google's currency converter, and it said $3000.00 is equal to 1855.22 British Pounds. Mobility and a low height are necessities, because we will be transporting this board among 3 classrooms of 5-8 year-olds.

Thank you again for your help.
    I don't know if interactive LCD/LED screens have reached the states yet? They are becoming increasingly popular in UK Classrooms and are very well suited for a mobile system, since all the issues around the projector (e.g. low height, body shadow, orientation, dim displays) are eliminated. A mobile interactive 46" LCD on a height adjustable trolley would be about £2000, maybe something to consider if available

NDW

Thank Post
    how about an eBeam Edge? Portable and Quite cheap

This product turns any flat surface into interactive

Luidia / eBeam
    Last edited by NDW; 4th January 2013 at 10:03 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timp View Post
    I don't know if interactive LCD/LED screens have reached the states yet? They are becoming increasingly popular in UK Classrooms and are very well suited for a mobile system, since all the issues around the projector (e.g. low height, body shadow, orientation, dim displays) are eliminated. A mobile interactive 46" LCD on a height adjustable trolley would be about £2000, maybe something to consider if available
    I agree. It's the solution that we went with in a classroom where the lath and plaster wall construction of a very old building made wall-mounting impossible. It's much tidier than having a projector boom sticking out for people to bash their head on. It's since proved quite handy to be able to whell it down the corridor to other rooms.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread