+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Mobile Interactive Whiteboard in Technical; Hello, I need to purchase a mobile interactive whiteboard that will be shared among three classrooms. I am looking for ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Mobile Interactive Whiteboard

    Hello,

    I need to purchase a mobile interactive whiteboard that will be shared among three classrooms. I am looking for something with a mounted projector. I'm looking at something in the 47" range (I'm American, so please excuse my use of inches) but I'm willing to go larger. I've investigated the Eno One Mobile so far. Does anyone have experience with this, or any other mobile interactive whiteboards? I could really use some advise on this one.

    Thank you!

  2. #2

    Steve21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    2,762
    Thank Post
    354
    Thanked 533 Times in 498 Posts
    Rep Power
    182
    Depends if there's a specific brand you want, but most of the large whiteboard companies do a version. Is there a specific one you're already running? Smart? Promethean? etc? (Not sure what are the main US ones used in schools/work) Also any price range?

    Example: Promethean Mobile Solution (ABMS387PEST-EU) - www.misco.co.uk (UK site, but shows one of the above models)

    And similar with Smartboards SMART Mobile, Height-Adjustable Floor Stand (Buy stand seperate to board).

    Those are just two of the more common brands here, but lots depends on price range, and if you already have a system in place to ensure all your documents work between each board

    Steve

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Depends if there's a specific brand you want, but most of the large whiteboard companies do a version. Is there a specific one you're already running? Smart? Promethean? etc? (Not sure what are the main US ones used in schools/work) Also any price range?

    Example: Promethean Mobile Solution (ABMS387PEST-EU) - www.misco.co.uk (UK site, but shows one of the above models)

    And similar with Smartboards SMART Mobile, Height-Adjustable Floor Stand (Buy stand seperate to board).

    Those are just two of the more common brands here, but lots depends on price range, and if you already have a system in place to ensure all your documents work between each board

    Steve
    Thank you so much. We currently have four Polyvision TS 620 interactive whiteboards. Thank you for mentioning that it would be a good idea to use the same brand of whiteboard as the ones we already have. I was looking at the Eno One, in part, because it is also a Polyvision board. SMART and Promethean boards are also very popular here. As for price, I think I'll have a hard time getting anything approved unless it is under $3000.00. I just used Google's currency converter, and it said $3000.00 is equal to 1855.22 British Pounds. Mobility and a low height are necessities, because we will be transporting this board among 3 classrooms of 5-8 year-olds.

    Thank you again for your help.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    38
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA View Post
    Thank you so much. We currently have four Polyvision TS 620 interactive whiteboards. Thank you for mentioning that it would be a good idea to use the same brand of whiteboard as the ones we already have. I was looking at the Eno One, in part, because it is also a Polyvision board. SMART and Promethean boards are also very popular here. As for price, I think I'll have a hard time getting anything approved unless it is under $3000.00. I just used Google's currency converter, and it said $3000.00 is equal to 1855.22 British Pounds. Mobility and a low height are necessities, because we will be transporting this board among 3 classrooms of 5-8 year-olds.

    Thank you again for your help.
    I don't know if interactive LCD/LED screens have reached the states yet? They are becoming increasingly popular in UK Classrooms and are very well suited for a mobile system, since all the issues around the projector (e.g. low height, body shadow, orientation, dim displays) are eliminated. A mobile interactive 46" LCD on a height adjustable trolley would be about £2000, maybe something to consider if available

  5. #5
    NDW
    NDW is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    a magical place
    Posts
    70
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    how about an eBeam Edge? Portable and Quite cheap

    This product turns any flat surface into interactive

    Luidia / eBeam
    Last edited by NDW; 4th January 2013 at 10:03 AM.

  6. #6

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,041
    Thank Post
    1,894
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Rep Power
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by timp View Post
    I don't know if interactive LCD/LED screens have reached the states yet? They are becoming increasingly popular in UK Classrooms and are very well suited for a mobile system, since all the issues around the projector (e.g. low height, body shadow, orientation, dim displays) are eliminated. A mobile interactive 46" LCD on a height adjustable trolley would be about £2000, maybe something to consider if available
    I agree. It's the solution that we went with in a classroom where the lath and plaster wall construction of a very old building made wall-mounting impossible. It's much tidier than having a projector boom sticking out for people to bash their head on. It's since proved quite handy to be able to whell it down the corridor to other rooms.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Mobile Interactive Whiteboard & Projector
    By AngryITGuy in forum Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13th May 2011, 09:06 PM
  2. interactive whiteboards suppliers
    By Face-Man in forum Recommended Suppliers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd October 2008, 04:43 PM
  3. Interactive whiteboards
    By Mario in forum General Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 13th November 2006, 06:00 PM
  4. Interactive Whiteboard Courses
    By TossPot in forum Courses and Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28th July 2005, 10:38 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •