+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Smart Problems Detecting Ink on Board in Technical; Hi, we have quite a large number of Smart SBx885 boards and one in particular is giving me trouble. Whichever ...

Thank Post

Question Smart Problems Detecting Ink on Board

Hi, we have quite a large number of Smart SBx885 boards and one in particular is giving me trouble.
    Whichever user logs into the system, the board is detected as expected, if you open Notebook and write away, everything is ok until you get to the right hand side of the board when it starts to loose its touch sensitiveness and ink becomes 'bitty' if there is such a word.
    2012-10-24 11.47.02.jpg2012-10-24 11.47.22.jpg

The two images should hopefully illustrate the problem I am experiencing. The images were drawn after I drew various straight lines.
    These boards are multitouch and are not like the normal smart boards. They appear to have four sensors (one in each corner). Before if these have been obstructed in anyway or dirty with dust, boards have played up. I have ensured these are clean and clear, but it has not fixed the problem. The system is running the very latest drivers and smart notebook software. Any suggestions would be much appreciated before I call Steljes and see what options we have.

THanks

Thank Post
    Hi, sounds like the cameras need calibrating, which can be done via the settings.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your post. I am assuming you don't mean a normal calibration using the pen? As this has been done 3 or 4 times with no change.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    We had a problem with a straight line looking like an ECG heart trace, this turned out to be an earthing problem. Got a faultfinding document for this somewhere

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by talksr View Post
    Thanks for your post. I am assuming you don't mean a normal calibration using the pen? As this has been done 3 or 4 times with no change.
    Hi, no there is an actual calibration for the cameras too. You will need to speak to Steljies and they will talk you through it. It was over the summer when I needed to do it on a couple of boards we installed. Its really straight forward to do. It's one of those things you need in front of you to remember how to do it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Educare_AV View Post
    Hi, no there is an actual calibration for the cameras too. You will need to speak to Steljies and they will talk you through it. It was over the summer when I needed to do it on a couple of boards we installed. Its really straight forward to do. It's one of those things you need in front of you to remember how to do it.

Thanks and thank you to all the other posts. It was the cameras! I, like you cannot remember the exact procedure but there is an option to calibrate the cameras. This has done the trick.

Thanks again

rad
    Thank Post
    If you remember are you able to load it here for others to find. EG is indexed by Google too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread