+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Projectors in Sports Halls in Technical; ...
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    914
    Thank Post
    98
    Thanked 184 Times in 159 Posts
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Educare_AV View Post
    It might of been a better solution to have mounted the projector on the opposite wall and had a custom long throw lens made. This way you could of had a cage mounted around it. If the projector is sustaining hits from balls I doubt the lamp lasting very long, especially if its hot when it takes a hit.
    Depending on the throw distance you'd possibly be needing to upgrade the projector wouldn't you? Wouldn't a long throw lens also come in at £1000+ on its own?

    I know we were being quoted for a 7000 lumens projector and a long throw lens around £6000 when we were looking at this solution for our main hall (throw distance of 18 metres).

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St Helens, Merseyside
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Depending on the throw distance you'd possibly be needing to upgrade the projector wouldn't you? Wouldn't a long throw lens also come in at £1000+ on its own?

    I know we were being quoted for a 7000 lumens projector and a long throw lens around £6000 when we were looking at this solution for our main hall (throw distance of 18 metres).
    Yes your right, I was meaning it would of been an option to consider originally, if balls games were potentially an issue. Custom lens are generally around the £1000 mark.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    With the best will in the world its totally daft to mount a projector in a sports hall. The clue being in the word sports - which by definition means that balls, shuttlecocks etc will be flying around it. Our set up is a wall mounted screen and speakers, with a projector, amp, dvd player and cabling installed in a wheeled cabinet, it takes a minute or two to get out and set up but never gets bashed by a football

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St Helens, Merseyside
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamf0 View Post
    With the best will in the world its totally daft to mount a projector in a sports hall. The clue being in the word sports - which by definition means that balls, shuttlecocks etc will be flying around it. Our set up is a wall mounted screen and speakers, with a projector, amp, dvd player and cabling installed in a wheeled cabinet, it takes a minute or two to get out and set up but never gets bashed by a football
    Your a little out of order to say it is daft to mount a projector in a hall. Generally teachers don't want the hassle of rolling out wheeled cabinets and then have to start lining up the projector etc. From my experience setups like this get very little use.
    Last edited by Educare_AV; 11th December 2012 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #35
    RichCowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    PR7, Lancashire
    Posts
    462
    Thank Post
    76
    Thanked 78 Times in 65 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    We're getting a cage fitted... based off the sketch I attached... I'll post photos when it's done...

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Specifically a sports hall is what I was referring to and ours is used on a daily basis, no problems with alignment as the floor is marked where the cabinet needs to be to provide a good image on the screen. I'm sure it is less hassle than what the op is going through trying to get his projector protected

  7. #37
    RichCowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    PR7, Lancashire
    Posts
    462
    Thank Post
    76
    Thanked 78 Times in 65 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    The guys from Virtue Technologies were in at 0545 this morning fitting the cage... should be a perfect solution...

    SportsHallProjector.jpg

  8. #38
    RA4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brighouse
    Posts
    3
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    SECURITY & PROTECTION ENTRAPMENT CAGES FOER PROJECTORS

    Quote Originally Posted by RichCowell View Post
    The guys from Virtue Technologies were in at 0545 this morning fitting the cage... should be a perfect solution...

    SportsHallProjector.jpg
    Please have a look at this link.

    Entrapment Cages for all projectors..............with MESH lining options too !

    Entrapment Security Cages : RA Technology, Projector mounts and cages

  9. #39
    RichCowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    PR7, Lancashire
    Posts
    462
    Thank Post
    76
    Thanked 78 Times in 65 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by RA4ME View Post
    Please have a look at this link.
    Entrapment Cages for all projectors..............with MESH lining options too !
    That's pretty much what we needed, with a larger hole on one side to project through, and we'd thought of that, but there was nothing to bolt it on to... there was nothing existing available that we could find to solve it...

    Virtue's solution is exactly what we were looking for...

  10. #40

    Oaktech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    2,840
    Thank Post
    784
    Thanked 552 Times in 432 Posts
    Rep Power
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by RichCowell View Post
    The guys from Virtue Technologies were in at 0545 this morning fitting the cage... should be a perfect solution...

    SportsHallProjector.jpg

    That's pretty much what I'd have done. The netting is a really nice touch.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Short-throw projector in Hall?
    By Serenastra in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27th April 2012, 01:10 PM
  2. Short throw Projectors in KS1
    By Little-Miss in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th April 2011, 11:35 AM
  3. LED Projector in Hall???????
    By ba9ag in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 1st June 2010, 10:14 AM
  4. Projector in CDT Room
    By chazdavis24 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th November 2009, 04:08 PM
  5. Recommend me a projector for our hall
    By j17sparky in forum Hardware
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 6th April 2009, 02:32 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •