+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Epson replacement bulbs in Technical; 5 year old projector going to need new bulb shortly, dilemma now do I buy bulb or new projector? It's ...
    Thank Post

Epson replacement bulbs

5 year old projector going to need new bulb shortly, dilemma now do I buy bulb or new projector?

It's an EMP-x3 if anyone's bought a replacement bulb recently, where did you get it from? I've found the cost varies between 300 (OEM) and 130 (compatible)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You've said how much a new bulb is, but what sort of price are the new projectors?

Also, do they come with spare bulbs? Are they LED projectors?

If you haven't priced up new projectors yet, ignore this.

Thank Post
    we bought one for an x5 in may, for 138, from ollie at inspiranetInspiranet :: Home it was a compatible, but it's one of the better compatibles we've had.

Thank Post
    Hi your X3 is actually not been made since start of 2005, new lamps are cheap (around 90) if you have a good projector get a lamp should be good for around 3 years (everyday use) new projectors around 350 (X11) and if you get Educatio cover included free for schools you get 5 year on site cover with (depending on your supplier) same day swapout and one free lamp change in 3 years, lamps normally last 5 years with everyday use on newer models.
    No its not LED the lamp for the LED projectors like the Casio are much much more expencive and seem to be having around the same life before the Casio projector dies.

Also the newer Epson dont seem to be suffering the overheating and dust problems the Casios seem to have.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

Thank Post
    We have almost a school-full of X3s - at last count original lamps were over 400. For us, replacement of the projectors is a no-brainer.

We're replacing with Epson EB-93e's, at 408 with a 3yr lamp warranty. They seem to be mount and position compatible with the X3s too, so an easy swap. Well, easy as long as the power socket is nearby as the 93's use a 3-pin IEC connector vs. the 2 pin figure-8 connector of the x3's.

The difference is brightness and image quality is outstanding.

We tried compatibles but had a bad experience - very short life and abysmal brightness on the ones we tried, although YMMV.

6. Thanks to crc-ict from:

chrbb (23rd October 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Engineer View Post
    No its not LED the lamp for the LED projectors like the Casio are much much more expencive and seem to be having around the same life before the Casio projector dies.

Also the newer Epson dont seem to be suffering the overheating and dust problems the Casios seem to have.

Marc
    Projector Engineer
    We are looking to buy the Casio LED types. Do you have any further info on the overheating and dust problems? We are looking to by the XJ-A131 model.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've just ordered a bulb fro an EMP-S4 from AV Partsmaster, your X3 is listed at 205 on their website. Sanyo Projector lamp | Hitachi Projector Bulb | Epson Projector Lamp : AV Partsmaster They list them as genuine and assured me they were, so we'll find out when it arrives hopefully tomorrow. Someone else also recommended Supplies for Schools but I've not used them personally. http://www.suppliesforschools.com/pr...07485[003]
    Last edited by Cache; 23rd October 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Fortunately had one of these in stock when the last one blown. Let me know where you end up buying from as I'm sure I'll need to again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 589 Posts
    Hi All,

I've had a look at the lamp models/websites noted and it seems most the suppliers are buying from the same or similar distributors in the UK. I'll send a PM across to those who are looking for bulbs about what I can see is in stock and most competitive for original/ compatible options in the morning. (On a friends PC so no cached passwords = No distributor logins ! !)

Cheers

Andy

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    We are looking to buy the Casio LED types. Do you have any further info on the overheating and dust problems? We are looking to by the XJ-A131 model.
    They do suck in trhe dust its well reported on here and elsewhere and so is overheating it is slightly better on newer models but still poor and at double the cost of a normal "lamp" projector (now with 5 year lamps) they dont have any advantage either cost wise or lamp wise????? over their lifetime.

We are seeing more and more for cleaning and heating problems.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread