+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Which of these 3 projectors should I get for our classrooms? in Technical; Great timing for this topic - thanks! I'm looking for replacement projectors too and was thinking of the Epson x14 ...

Thank Post
    Great timing for this topic - thanks!

I'm looking for replacement projectors too and was thinking of the Epson x14 but is it worth the price difference over a X11?

Sorry for hijacking the thread but definitely from my research epson is the one to go for.

Thank Post
    Highly recommend the Epson's also. We have a range of X9's and X12's. Only issues we have had are a couple of bulbs going, but as we have a 3/5 year warranty on the units we get sent out a new bulb in a day or two.
    Not been convinced with the casio's when i've seen them.
    Misco are good for prices if you have an account with them, though other suppliers are available...

Went with the X12's for the hdmi input and the slightly higher brightness for a couple of classrooms as we get alot of sunli

Thank Post
    Epsons all day long. You can't beat the quality, reliability, warranty service and cost in my opinion.

Been installing them for the last 7 years with very little issue.

Great features now like quick corners which you still don't find on other more expensive brands.

Thank Post
    Quick corners is like a touch controlled keystone in all directions?

Thank Post
    Epson X-11 for me. I love the horizontal keystone feature, great if you have to replace an old centre lens projector and don't want to move the mount.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    The schools prefered smartboard installer company do not offer them.
    Time to find a new preferred company!!

Thank Post
    Definitely go for the Epson EB-X11. They're £289+VAT with a 3 year product and lamp warranty. The cashback promotion for recycling your old projectors has just ended, unfortunately.
    AVPartsmaster, CBC Computers, Misco all stock them.

We have 6 of them now and I will keep getting them as older ones need replacing.

They are bright and clear and so far (4 months and counting) seem reliable. Very easy to install and have a clever feature where you can connect a computer to them via USB to send video and audio to the projector - installs on the computer as a display adaptor - useful for temporarily connecting a laptop.

They have a reasonable adjustment on the throw distance too making them suitable to replace many older projectors without the need to move the bracket.

Jon
    Thank Post
    Does anybody know if these epson projectors will fit onto a mount previously occupied by a Sanyo xe

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Does anybody know if these epson projectors will fit onto a mount previously occupied by a Sanyo xe
    That would depend on the mount - it may be a universal mount that will fit almost any projector, or it may have been specifically made for the Sanyo. Have a closer look at it and see if the 'arms' that attach to the projector look adjustable or fixed.
    I couldn't find any details on a Sanyo XE - they usually have a number after the XE, eg. PLC-XE30.

For the Epson EB-X11 you can find a diagram of the mounting holes (with measurements) in the manual on page 108 - see link below:
    http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/fa/f2/faf...104abcfca9.pdf

Thank Post
    Just to add to @hallb15's post. Some universal mounts are based on arms that can be adjusted to match the projector, but there are others which are a plate that has many slots in it. Where I am it seems that the only projectors that ever fail are the ones with unicol projector specific mounts.

If the mount you have only has three or four holes for screwing into the base of the projector then it is a projector specific mount. If this is the case then there are two options, bite the bullet and find a replacement plate (go for universal) or wait for the new projector to arrive (or use the manual above) and see if the mount can be adapted by drilling new holes. Unfortunately in our case the mounts were never suitable for modification.

Thank Post
    You need to future prrof mate. I would only buy projectors with HDMI these days. Also consider LED projectors.

Thank Post
    MAC Geek is bang on ! out of the 3 projectors the epson is defo the best option , far better throw distance. build quality and the lamps are more cost effective option I can sell these all day long to my customers who are on a very tight budget. ....for a better return on your investment and low cost ownership with no bulbs and no filters to clean and a 5 year warranty Id recommend the Casio LED XJM range - the entry level XJM-130e will set you back between £590-630ex VAT depending on quantity

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    Only had this question about 2 weeks ago.. we have just bought our 7th Epson X11 last week to add to our slowly growing inventory.

Teachers love them. They are great units and after cashback we're paying £255+VAT each. We have been only buying Epson for the last 10 years+.. would take something very incredible to make us look elsewhere.
    Can I ask where you got these at £255+VAT?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Can I ask where you got these at £255+VAT?
    Unfortunately, the £30 Epson cashback offer expired at the end of October so you won't be able to get them for £255 anymore. Best price I could see from one of our regular suppliers is £289+VAT from avpartsmaster. PC World Business have them at £285+VAT but we don't use PCWorld.

15. Thanks to hallb15 from:

fiza (9th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Yes the Epsons are a better buy than the LED units as i have said in another post you get the equiv of 10 years of lamps with an epson and 5 year cover on site, it is false econamy to buy LED as they work out costing more.
    The Epsons also fit a 75" board from 3.5 down to 1.8 mtrs (there is a trick to get this distance) in my opinion unbeatable especially in relaibility.

Marc
    Projector Engineer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast