+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Epson EB-485Wi and extended desktops in Technical; Hi, we have recently purchased several EB-485Wi projectors and we would like to able use them with a PC that ...
    ajg

Thank Post

Epson EB-485Wi and extended desktops

Hi, we have recently purchased several EB-485Wi projectors and we would like to able use them with a PC that has two monitors attached with the second set up to show an extended desktop. We want the main monitor to display to the main teacher monitor while the extended display outputs to a second monitor and the projector. This all works fine until we try to use the interactive pen whereby no matter what combination of monitor/projector connections I make the interactive pen always controls the main monitor even though it is being used on the projected second screen. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but just wondered if this is a known issue or a software limitation? Many thanks.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I stumbled across your post while I was searching for a solution to the same problem and as I managed to resolve the issue with my PC, I thought it only right to let you know how.

I was unable to make the Epson calibration software move to the second display, but after a bit of digging I discovered that the Intel Graphics driver > Advanced settings > Multiple Displays - had the 'Epson PJ' as the primary display and my monitor listed as the secondary. The numbers where the opposite to the Windows setup.
    I switched these around by selecting the primary as the monitor and the secondary as the projector. Applied the settings and the numbers now matched the Windows settings.
    Ran the Easy Interactive Driver and Calibration and the calibration screen appeared on the secondary monitor and on the projector.

Hope this is of help.

ajg

Thank Post
    Hi

Unfortunately that didn't work as the Intel settings matched Windows. I've since received an email back from Epson Support saying that this is a limitation with their software in that it will only use the main monitor when using the interactive pen so think I am stuck with it. Many thanks for suggestion though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread