+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, XJ-A130 issues in Technical; Hey, Two of our XJ-A130 projects have come up with the same problem recently and I was just wondering if ...

Thank Post

XJ-A130 issues

Hey,

Two of our XJ-A130 projects have come up with the same problem recently and I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this on Casio's projectors... basically you can turn them on via the remote or top panel but once it's on the projectors don't seem to take any input at all, and the source indicator stays up on the top right of the image... it's not an urgent problem as I just tell staff to turn them off at the switch for now but it's something I'd like to get sorted.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not had that on the couple I've had put in primaries but one small problem we did have was dealt with in 5 minutes on the phone to Casio.

Thank Post
    Sounds like the same issue we had with one of our XJ-A140's. Casio swapped it out for repair, the loan unit experienced the same issue and our unit still had the issue when returned. Turned out to be an issue with the VGA cable - length or interference maybe?

Try connecting a laptop directly to the projector with a known decent, short cable.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    Sounds like the same issue we had with one of our XJ-A140's. Casio swapped it out for repair, the loan unit experienced the same issue and our unit still had the issue when returned. Turned out to be an issue with the VGA cable - length or interference maybe?

Try connecting a laptop directly to the projector with a known decent, short cable.
    Interesting, will give it a go tomorrow... the cables are all ones from projectors we had installed before the XJ-A130s, but anything's possible

Thank Post
    we've had weird problems where it is connected to a pc via a splitter box and it turns out to be PSU of the monitor that is also connected to the vga splitter box.

we've also found that the casio's don't work with the KVM we were using in one classroom (KVM with 2 splitters allowed 2 pcs and 2 screens and 1 projector) where as the epsons do.

Thank Post
    Just tested one of them with my own laptop...

Projector didn't detect VGA input when I plugged my MacBook in through the port on the wall, menu worked fine still
    Projector worked fine when my laptop was plugged directly in with another cable, menu too.
    Projector detects VGA input with teacher's laptop but the menu stops working.
    Projector worked fine with teacher's laptop, including menu.

Weird! Must be the VGA cable in the ceiling, but it worked fine with the old projector.

Thank Post
    they are quite fussy, we've had other problems other than the ones i listed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread