+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Smart 2012 woes in Technical; I have a problem with several IWBs that are giving me a flashing green light when connected to a PC ...

Thank Post

Smart 2012 woes

I have a problem with several IWBs that are giving me a flashing green light when connected to a PC via USB (SB680).
    I have the same PC and image for each install and the 10.8 drivers worked fine for the previous year. However since upgrading I can no longer get them to connect and the smart board service dies immediately when connected to the white board via USB.
    Same PC/software runs a serial board (sb580) just fine.

Smartboard support finally 'fessed up that you have to have at least 10.8 for their newer SC12 controllers (which i was using anyway) but i have an older sc9 board that has gone the same way after a smartboard update.
    I have used MS config to shutdown all the usual start up stuff but no effect.

Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestion?
    My biggest concern is it spreading to the other boards if I have to upgrade them...........with the same image/hardware they are presumably all prone to the same error (ULP!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Smart Notebook 10.8 has been out since 2011 and is a stable product. I have to agree with you that the new Smart Notebook 11 is somewhat problematic (in my testing), so I'd recommend re-visiting it at a later date when newer builds are published. I'm still running Smart Notebook 10.8 at all sites with the 'Check Update every 30 days' disabled using a regedit.

Nothing worse than users using different versions. It's like users using different versions of MS Office at one site.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread