+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Are Pocket Projectors Any Good?? in Technical; I was wondering if anyone has experience using pocket projectors? I want to be able to setup presentations with a ...

Thank Post

Are Pocket Projectors Any Good??

I was wondering if anyone has experience using pocket projectors?

I want to be able to setup presentations with a pocket projector and then either an Ipad or Windows/Android Tablet device. Is this possible?

At the moment we slap down a big projector, plug the power in, plug the vga cable in. Then we put the laptop down, maybe plug that in, put our oversiex mobile dongle in and it is just a big 'too much' and sloppy looking.

I'd like a projector with no power leads, running on batteries maybe with the option to plug in to mains power or via USB if the batteries start to run low. Then be able to connect to a tablet wirelessly... is that even possible? That way i can walk around the room without being stuck to one place because of a cable from projector to device.

Is this setup possible and if so is it actually at the point whereby performance is worth it, so ie. the projectors are bright enough, res clear enough, wireless connections stable enough etc?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCan View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has experience using pocket projectors?
    Yes, I have an older Pico Projector of some kind (I've just been to look up the model number and realised I can't actually find it...). It doesn't compare with a standard projector in terms of brightness or resolution - the best you'll get is 640 * 480, and you'll have to turn every light in the room off to see the picture. Mine was okay for watching films at night with all the lights turned off, but doing a presentation in a random location during the day is not going to work. There are smaller LED projectors on the market now, nice compact devices that are kind of half weay between a projector you'd mount on a ceiling and something you can fit a pocket.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread