+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
AU General Chat Thread, New Australian Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :) in Australian (AU) Specific Forums; Hi all, Thought I'd join up after only just finding this site chasing an issue with Photoshop CS5 for windows. ...

Thank Post
    Hi all,

Thought I'd join up after only just finding this site chasing an issue with Photoshop CS5 for windows. Helped me out immensely.
    Been flicking through the forums and have found some handy info and there is also the bonus of this local section.

I work for a large Uni in Melbourne as a 2nd level and deployment tech. Been here for just over 2 years now.
    I'm one of the lucky ones, being that I'm 31 y/o, have no relevant tech quals (currently working on changing this) other then being an IT enthusiast since I was 15. What I lack in actual technical knowledge I make up for in a strong work ethic (something that an amount of the qualified staff here seem to lack ). Not bad for an original 3 month casual contract to cover a full timer that was on LS leave

Our group handles a few thousand desktop, laptop and wireless machines of varying specs. We're about 50/50 Windows/Mac.

Currently working on a project create a central deployment group to cover all areas of the uni, not just the local group (currently there 4 local support groups).

I look forward to chatting to you all further!

Cheers,
    ToonS

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Welcome to edugeek ToonS!

Thank Post
    Hi,
    I知 Brooke; I知 not quite a geek but major in colouring in (in the real world they call this marketing!) I知 hoping to absorb some information from the forums to increase my geek level! I am a kiwi but please don稚 hold it against me!
    I知 from Double First, we supply Management Information Systems to schools internationally.

We launched at EduTECH last year and are excited to be coming back this year, will be looking to catch up with some people who fancy seeing what we have to offer and letting us know what you think!
    Other than that, Just here to see what痴 happening in the market and help out if possible! I知 not biased to anyone or anything; I believe that each school requires a different solution tailored to them and understand that that solution may not always be from us!

Last edited by elsiegee40; 18th March 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hi,
    I知 Brooke; I知 not quite a geek but major in colouring in (in the real world they call this marketing!) I知 hoping to absorb some information from the forums to increase my geek level! I am a kiwi but please don稚 hold it against me!
    I知 from Double First, we supply Management Information Systems to schools internationally.

We launched at EduTECH last year and are excited to be coming back this year, will be looking to catch up with some people who fancy seeing what we have to offer and letting us know what you think!
    Other than that, Just here to see what痴 happening in the market and help out if possible! I知 not biased to anyone or anything; I believe that each school requires a different solution tailored to them and understand that that solution may not always be from us!
    Welcome to edugeek

We have all sorts on here. We welcome your input, but those who are not sponsors need to avoid marketing to our members to stay the right side of us

Enjoy!
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 18th March 2014 at 01:31 PM.

5. 2 Thanks to elsiegee40:

RabbieBurns (19th March 2014), SYNACK (18th March 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234