In the days of Windows XP we used Impero V2 to monitor our network and ensure students were behaving appropriately in lessons. The console could be a hit or miss sometimes but it was quick and we could monitor workstations without a decrease in performance.
Fast forward to Windows 7 and Impero V3:
Ever since Impero V3 (Currently at version 3.0.53) has been running, we have noticed websites "sticking" when loading and our Frog VLE performing slowly. Infact
So recently our main ICT suite came up for its 4 year renewal. We use ACER 6410 laptops in there and they have done a good job over the years. Now I like these laptops a lot but they are showing signs of age with 512mb or Ram and slow 5200rpm hard disks. I didn't really want to scrap them as the laptops are working well, they just needed a significant speed boost. The first thing I did was to obviously upgrade
Updated 22nd September 2010 at 12:29 PM by zag