I've just been browsign teh forumsand noticed a member from Canada with over 200 posts and another US user with 300+. I mean it's great that we have such global coverage and membership, but I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I've never noticed these people before, and they've been posting for ages!!
Mind you, if more of you North American members want to say hi at the ISTE 2011 show in Philly in June plese do. It's nice to put names to faces.
Teacher preparing for OCR Level 1 ICT Functional Skills, and this particular guidance note took my interest:
During the time allowed for Part B (1 hour 45 minutes), candidates must not have access to the internet. Candidates should not be able to send or receive emails but must have access to email software (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) so that they can demonstrate their ability to e.g. organise attachments when sending an email.
So, blocking Internet - no problem,
Been tasked with looking into implementing an internal VOIP phone system to link up some buildings that don't have phone lines installed.
Have been looking at things like 3CX and AsteriskNow (with Freepbx).
Have to say that I really do like the look of 3CX; windows based, really easy to setup and configure but its going to cost if we want to have more than 4 people talking at one. Also been told there is no money.
So, looking at AsteriskNOW, and its
Hi there all,
I am the newest member of the CP office. I have been an observer of the site but recently thought i should be more involved.
Keep up the good work and great threads.
All the best,
I recently had a problem where we were running low on IP addresses. I looked in DHCP and had about 655 active leases over the last 7 days. Now I'm pretty sure I don't have that many devices in the entire school! It turns out that there were a large amount of IPhones and other unauthorized mobile devices attached to our wireless. I guess the kids managed to find out the wireless key again!
There are a number of solutions to this problem,
In the days of Windows XP we used Impero V2 to monitor our network and ensure students were behaving appropriately in lessons. The console could be a hit or miss sometimes but it was quick and we could monitor workstations without a decrease in performance.
Fast forward to Windows 7 and Impero V3:
Ever since Impero V3 (Currently at version 3.0.53) has been running, we have noticed websites "sticking" when loading and our Frog VLE performing slowly. Infact it happens
Guys, Here is my idea below. May be not knew one, who knows. It would be nice to get your opinions
Community enhance members to keep up to date on the latest with their business straight from the community, and pass that information along to other members. Communities have already started to use communities for self-learning. Now Communities move to the next level. They are to become online colaboration-based coaching portals. People donít just share information,
It's been a while coming this little article, but I have to get it out in the open. I have to apologise for any negative remarks I've ever made about tablet (slate) computers. From Android, to iPads, in fact particularly iPads, I have, over the past few weeks finally 'got it'. I understand now just how good these devices are at doing what they were intended to do, and often, more than they were designed for. And the reason for my negativity, my nay-saying? In one word ignorance. I didn't want them
We're in our third year of Electronic Registration, and we looked into Registration during assemblies using EEE-PCs. The excellent Asus EEE-PCs 701 4G were the netbook of choice back then. Using the wonders of nLite we created the well documented slim installation of XP so teachers could use SIMS and register their classes during assemblies (and in other locations).
All has been well until recently, I never like XP running on these devices; it never seem to have any slick-ness which
We've had fun with the SIMS Server over the past couple of weeks. It's been perfectly happy until a Hard Drive failure occured a couple of weeks ago. Not a problem, RAID5 in play so got in touch with HP and a new Hard Drive was dispatched next day, installed and all was well.
Unfortunately not, somehow a couple of directories had become corrupted which we can only assumed happened when this hard drive failed. Still, managed to recover them with no issues but couldn't delete these