Hehe - damn right!
Sky is 99% poop. 100 times more repeats than the BBC, and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many adverts!
All I know is that it was overly complicated and that there are things to pay which aren't entirely clear.
Cable is the way forward!! (LET'S FACE IT... WE ALL HATE WIRELESS RIGHT?)
Apparently you can get BT connection for free if you have the broadband package!!!
Sorry! Hope you enjoy Virgin! Can't get it around here so obviously i'm jealous!
I don't care!!
It's not worth the extra £15 a month... and the lack of on demand (which I use a lot) plus less channels (no music or news on the sky package).
For me virgin is the way.
Virgin is not
Sky Broadband is the best ISP I have had. My mate has virgin 20mb and he is throttled to the point of worthless most of the time.
Without sky you get no sky one
Apparently you can pay £25 to not be connected to BT: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...8&highlight=bt
Probably wouldn't fit in our server room. We'd have to convert the VI Form centre I think in the interests of shortest distance for power transmission.
Come on you techs, please go into teaching!!!
We know better....
Many ICT teachers are not qualified in ICT, indeed I know some teachers who a degree is something totally unrelated and teach ICT up to KS4 very successfully.
I believe that you have to a 'outstanding' classroom practitioner if you are too succeed; and if your interested at what makes an outstanding lesson.... from Ofsted! Outstanding:
• In addition to the features of good teaching (below) difficult ideas or skills are taught in an inspiring and very effective way.
• All pupils are engrossed in their work and make much better progress than could be expected. Achievement is very high.
• Teaching is consistently challenging and interesting, stemming from excellent subject knowledge.
• Assessment information is used directly in planning. Feedback on work (oral and written) is well-focused, diagnostic and helps pupils to see how to improve.
• Pupils are helped to judge the success of their work and to set targets for improvement, almost all pupils have clear understanding of where to focus their efforts to improve. Assessment and teaching enables pupils to play a very strong part in making and recognising improvement in their work. Good
• Most pupils progress and achieve well and are very interested in the lesson.
• All adults relate well to pupils and expect them to work hard, challenge is realistic and pupils are productive.
• TAs make a significant contribution.
• Staff understand what next steps pupils need and help them understand these. Marking helps pupils improve their work.
• Pupils are regularly involved in helping to assess their own work throughout the lesson, most pupils are aware of where and how to improve their work.
• Assessment information is used to set specific, well-matched and challenging targets for all pupils that pupils know, understand and use.
Yes, I was considering some conan-esque 'wheel of pain' type of affair.
Just organise PE classes around the wheel
Watched it all in 1080 HD at mine last night
Sky does need a line. The interactive discount scheme (what russ is talking about paying for) I thought was all but dead as it used to be a constraint of having multiple sky boxes (only one discount per house).
You will have a BT wired line probably but you shouldnt need to pay BT that much if you have ever had a BT account in the past. The only problem comes if the flat line has not been used in a while, then BT disconnect the line physically from the exchange to save power and then you can pay a reconnection fee.
I am not up to date on BT's fee's right now though.
I was thinking about using 6th formers actually.
or hamster wheel!
......exercise bike then?
hmmm... got a cable... and the box has a connection. Prolly cheaper keeping the phone line that way.
and colour of magic is downloading today... I just cannot possibly wait!!
Dont worry colour of magic is repeated about 1000000000 times on both sky one, two and three...
Yes need bt line or cable line (think that ok) as long as the box can phone home.
Alt is you pay sky some more money then dont need to keep it connected to a telephone point.
thats why they only come out when I'm abroad.
...mind you - the looks from some of the old dears when they find out I work with their granddaughters is priceless
ICT teachers don't have to know how the computers work. They only have to know how to use them.
Also, you can teach ICT with a business degree... so that explains a lot of it.
I had a rant about this once and got a mild warning....
Is it legal for people who live in Kent to have so many tattoos?
I shall have to ring the Daily Mail Curtain Twitcher hotline