by, 19th April 2010 at 01:51 PM (1113 Views)
Unless you have been under a rock over the weekend, you will have heard of the Eyjafjallajoekull volcano blowing it's top. Ironically, World Earth Day is this Thursday giving Geography or Library departments a perfect chance to run displays based on current events. What ideas could you use?
- Teach pupils to say the name correctly
- Explain how to spot the ash by looking for the sky going from blue to grey as you look towards the horizon
- Explain how volcanoes work and the effects
- What economic effects have occured beyond the transport industry?
- Videos on the BBC site of news teams driving through the ash cloud to meet people still living in it's fallout
Those are a few ideas for a poster display or content to go on the front page of your VLE on Thursdays. Add in the Katla volcano if you want to hook the kids on a bit of potential apocalypse, particularly if you mention Yellowstone Park.
Total Trackbacks 0