• The Front Page RSS Feed

Published on 17th October 2014 05:01 PM
    cms/attachments/27134-dividetshirt.png.html

Well done everyone who has taken part this week, we’ve had a whole load of great captions, but, as always, there can be only 4 winners.
    So, after much consideration in the mods forum we have decided that the following raised the most grins amongst us.

In first place for being very witty and clever (see, being clever isn’t a bad thing kids!) is this caption from @alan-d: 'The Year is 4014 and archaeologists believe they have discovered the birthplace of that much worshipped deity 'Internet Explorer’ ...
    Published on 13th October 2014 03:58 PM
    cms/attachments/26997-netaccess2.jpg.html

As promised, we have a task that will not take up as much of your valuable time as last weeks.
    All we want you to do is provide a humorous caption for the photo below.

As usual we shall be closing for entries at 2pm (GMT) on Friday and announce the winners between 4 and 5pm the same day. ...
    by Published on 10th October 2014 05:32 PM
    cms/attachments/26980-week2-1.jpg.html

It may be that we set the barrier a little high this week!
    We know that you are rushed, particularly at lunchtimes and it showed by the entries we received, so what we propose is that we roll over the main prize from this week and extend the competition by an extra week with a challenge a bit easier to achieve. Scooby Doo sandwiches anyone?
    That’s ...
    Published on 6th October 2014 05:48 PM

Here it is, the second week of our 4 week competition and this time we thought we'd treat you all.
    Or to me more exact, you treat yourselves and after 6 weeks of intense work during the holidays we think you've earned it.

What we require from you is to have a nice meal in your office. The nicer the better in fact.
    We want to see cooked food, tablecloths, plates, cutlery and candles.
    Or perhaps you prefer some extreme food? Sandwiches a foot tall, baguettes 3 feet long or homemade stack burgers 4 times the height of your mouth with all of the trimmings (mmmmm, bacon)! ...
    Published on 3rd October 2014 05:51 PM
    cms/attachments/26810-img_3198.jpg.html

And here they are, the lucky winners of week one of our back to work competition.
    We’ve had a chat in the mods areas and come up with the following results:

• 1st: @Lasercat for the claw: (POST)

Sometimes the simplest ideas really are the best. We shall be PM’ing you shortly to ask you to pick an envelope with your prize in
    • 2nd: @Joanne (POST)
    Published on 29th September 2014 01:00 PM

Here we go, and to start you off we have an easy task to get you rolling.
    By the time you've read this we guess you are already knee deep in the usual, and not so usual tasks that occur every year without fail when the hoards reappear to undo all of the hard work you've put in over the summer, and, as is often the case, you need to employ special tools for the job.

From Philips screwdrivers, LART kits and Fluke testers we know you have them all.
    What we want you to do is show them to us, or tell us about them, especially any custom or 'mentally based' i.e. imaginary, tools you may employ.

Please post pics and a list below and we’ll pick the best ones on Friday. Extra credit will go to descriptions, abbreviations and instructions in the use of non-'real world' tools - Don't keep them to yourselves!
    Published on 25th September 2014 10:18 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. EduGeek News
    cms/attachments/26647-03.jpg.html

Let us offer you all a belated welcome back after what I’m sure, as always, has been a frantic summer with, hopefully, the opportunity to take some much needed time off over the period.
    We here at EduGeek haven’t been idle either with our migration to Amazon Web Services (AWS) now complete – barring a little tweaking – and will allow us to better provide site access to our members in other parts of the world as well as easing the monitoring and management burden at our end. This move also means we can now begin to steam ahead with planning for EduGeek's move to a new forum platform allowing us to leave the tired old vBulletin forums behind *

So, to ease the pain of those first few hectic weeks you have just endured when your schools and places of work get all busy and excited again, we are giving you a little competition that has some pretty sweet prizes to brighten your day on the run up to the Christmas break.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
  • Recent Posts

davidacland

Locking Preferences

It might depend on the method you're using to lock them down. I've had odd issues with some third party apps (things like Adobe CS, Office and lots of

davidacland Today, 08:54 PM Go to last post
    JasonNVSD

Locking Preferences

Has anyone tried locking large portions of the user's library? In the past we've locked specific plist files such as com.apple.dock, but now we'd like

JasonNVSD Today, 08:47 PM Go to last post
    snagrat

Chromebook Wifi Query

We have some Fujitsu ones that I'll try.

Thanks for the info

snagrat Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    ass17

Lollipop 5.0.1 killed my phone

Cheers folks, I checked and everything is backed up on google, and I mean everything.

So I reset the phone and restored the backup.

ass17 Today, 08:00 PM Go to last post
    rogerdnixon

Chromebook Wifi Query

We just bought a handful of cheap ones on ebay. We have a few different types - nothing special and they have all works on all models of chromebooks we

rogerdnixon Today, 07:59 PM Go to last post